NIWA has a range of services and research capabilities to assist with assessing and managing the effects of stormwater and urban development on streams, estuaries and harbours.
- Urban hydrological monitoring (stormwater and streams).
- Characterising stormwater quality.
- Assessing the performance of stormwater treatment.
- Assessing the impacts of climate change on stormwater.
- Modelling for stormwater management.
- Development of a tool for assessing urban impacts on the environmental, social, economic and cultural values of water bodies.