NIWA's mission is to conduct leading environmental science to enable the sustainable management of natural resources for New Zealand and the planet.
At NIWA we are committed to:
- Promoting creativity, innovation, and teamwork
- Ensuring our core science areas are appropriately staffed and supplied with sufficient equipment and resources to conduct leading-edge science and deliver innovative and unrivalled products and services
- Maintaining a culture which is adaptable and seeks opportunities
- Being recognised for our integrity, skill, and professionalism in conducting all aspects of the company’s business
- Attracting, retaining, and rewarding high quality staff
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Ensuring that all staff are treated in a fair and equitable manner and that their work and private lives are balanced
- Taking social responsibility and valuing our environment
- Encouraging stakeholder participation in setting our research and business strategies
- Working collaboratively with other organisations and people to form partnerships that add value to our research, intellectual property, and products and services
- Honouring the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.