ADCP Traveller - NIWA
Provides remote control and operation of float mounted ADCP/ADPs used for gauging rivers. Its smooth towing speed gives superior results to hand towing.
To achieve quality results with small tethered boats requires smooth movement of the boat at a constant speed. The traveller traverses a single tight tagline, at a selectable speed, enabling efficient setup and accurate results. An operator can direct the boat from the river bank using the remote control.
- Variable speed control (0.5cm/s to 10cm/s)
- Remote stop/start/direction control.
- Lightweight (<0.2kg, very little tagline deflection so no transducer offset change during the traverse)
- Simple deployment (a tight tagline is the only requirement)
- Time saving (a continuous loop pulley system does not have to be setup)
- Simple operation (leaves the operator hands free as there is no traversing cables to operate)
- Optional tether points (traveller centre to traveller centre, or traveller sides to boat sides)
- High intensity LEDs mounted on the top and sides provide instant operational feedback