Beach Profile Analysis Toolbox
NIWA’s Beach Profile Analysis Toolbox (BPAT) has been developed to provide an easy to use, integrated package for the input, quality checking, analysis and archiving of beach datasets.
NIWA’s Beach Profile Analysis Toolbox (BPAT) has been developed to provide an easy to use, integrated package for the input, quality checking, analysis and archiving of beach and other profile related datasets. The toolbox has been specifically developed to meet the needs of professionals and researchers involved with coastal hazard management, engineering and science applications, to better understand variability and trends in beach and nearshore profile data.
- Multiple data entry methods.
- Streamlined migration and importing of profile datasets from spreadsheets and other commonly used profile analysis software.
- Graphical data quality checking and manipulation routines.
- Storage of benchmark history and survey details, including digital image storage.
- Customisable parameters for data analysis.
- A range of commonly used profile analyses, including volume change, cut/fill changes and histograms, excursion distance changes.
- Customisable data viewing and plotting functionality.
- Data export to other beach profile analysis packages, spreadsheets, plotting programmes and Geographical Information Systems.
Download the BPAT flyer (PDF 404 KB )
The BPAT package
- A licenced version of the software.
- A pdf user and help manual.
- On-line help.
- A demo database.
- Sample input/output files in a range of data formats.
The following BPAT Licence options are available:
- New Zealand Central or local government organisation licence – $0.
- Commercial licence – NZ$850 for first licence, NZ$500 for additional licences (ex GST).
- Academic licence (limited data-entry capability (max 3 regions; max 5 cross-sections per region; max 5 surveys per cross-section) – $0.
Support for BPAT is provided via:
- Periodic training courses in Hamilton and Christchurch.
- Tailored training courses developed for your organisation.
To download a demonstration or academic licensed version of BPAT, or to request a demonstration or full licensed version of BPAT, please enter your details in the onlilne form below.
The demonstration version of BPAT has full functionality but requires a licence key to continue using the software beyond the trial period. On expiry of the trial period, the software will continue to operate as a browser, but editing and import/export functionality will be disabled until such time as a valid license key is entered. The demonstration copy can be upgraded to a single-user licence by registering the software and payment of the licence fee (where applicable) at which point a license key will be provided.
The academic licensed version of BPAT is designed for teaching use and is available free to Universities and other academic institutions. It has limited data-entry capability (max. 3 regions; max. 5 cross-sections per region; max 5 surveys per cross-section), but no expiry date. A sample database is included.
For more information email email@example.com
Please register your interest in the next BPAT training workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.