Bin 2.1 Flooding
Will flooding become more frequent?
The Tools in Bin 2.1 demonstrate a process whereby the effects of climate change on heavy rainfall can be estimated and then used as input to hydrological models to assess changes in flood flows and then to hydraulic models to assess changes to flood inundation.
(PDF 140 KB)
- A brief overview of Tools 2.1.1 to 2.1.5
(PDF 398 KB)
- This tool summarises the MfE (2010) climate change and flooding guide on Flooding and Climate Change.
(PDF 790 KB)
- This tool demonstrates methods for estimating future rainfall intensity and spatial variation taking into account the effects of climate change.
(PDF 503 KB)
- This tool demonstrates how estimates of future heavy rainfall intensity with temporal and spatial variation can be used to estimate river flood flows.
(PDF 1.1 MB)
- The purpose of this tool is to show how estimates of river flood flows corresponding to future scenarios of heavy rainfall can be used to estimate the corresponding flood inundations.
(PDF 90 KB)
- This tool identifies the next stages in an assessment of flooding impacts due to climate change.